Go ahead. Take off your shoes, kick back and relax. Feels good, doesn’t it? That’s the way home is supposed to feel. That’s the way Green Valley Ranch feels.
Green Valley Ranch was designed for people who want to get out and be active. With 500 acres of parks and open space, trails, a state-of-the-art recreation center, playgrounds, an amphitheater, and countless other places to gather, you’ll never be at a loss for something
to do. Plus GVR is a true community, with tons of events throughout the year to bring residents and friends together. And the location is ideal, with quick access to all the major highways and short drives to the places you need to go.
An exceptional public golf course, designed by Perry Dye, this course is the perfect blend of harmony with the natural wetlands, creeks and towering cottonwoods that populate this small valley just south of Denver International Airport and within easy access to downtown Denver. The award-winning Golf Club at Green Valley Ranch is the new host of the Colorado Open Championships.
SHARED USE COMPLEX
The unique Shared Use Complex is the result of an innovative public and private partnership between Denver Public Schools, the City and County of Denver, the Town Center Metropolitan District, Oakwood Homes, the Foundation for Educational Excellence and Edison Schools.
The master plan includes the Omar D. Blair charter school; the 35,000-square-foot state-of-the-art recreation center; a tree-lined plaza, amphitheater and lake; a 22-acre regional park; and a future indoor pool and public library.
The project saved Denver taxpayers nearly $2 million, received national attention, and has been up for numerous awards including garnering 1st place for public/private partnerships from the Denver Regional Council of Government’s local government innovations award.
Currently Green Valley Ranch has a renowned public golf course, an amphitheater, three major community parks (including one with an outdoor swimming pool), 12 miles of trails principally along the High Line Canal and First Creek tying into the Emerald Strands regional trail system, and a $6 million recreation center.
Future developments that are being assessed or projected include:
- 40 -acre Far Northeast regional park located in Parkfield.
- Continuation of the trail system.
Throughout the year, a number of events bring residents from all over the community together. These events, which take place everywhere from the amphitheater to various parks to the Green Valley Ranch Golf Club, are always family-friendly and highly anticipated.
Upcoming events include:
- Green Valley Ranch Concert Series - Oakwood Homes presents this free concert series for the enjoyment of the community!
- Gobble Wobble 5K Race & Family Fun Run - This 5K race and 1-mile family fun run will help support the Green Valley Ranch Foundation, which helps fund GVR community events like the area youth programs and public art projects that will be placed throughout the community.
- Holiday Tree Lighting - GVR Plaza & Rec Center Hundreds of people of all ages come out for our annual tree lighting. Carolers, and a free dessert buffet all complement the lighting of a beautiful 30-foot tree.